A retreat is an opportunity to enjoy simple and peaceful living, and to learn how to cultivate the energy of mindfulness. Attending a retreat is a vital way to nourish our practice, deepen our awareness, and cultivate our compassion and kindness toward ourselves and others.
SnowFlower offers scholarships to assist SnowFlowers to go on retreat. Scholarships are available for all SnowFlower, regional retreats in the Plum Village Tradition, and visits/retreats to national Plum Village Monasteries. To request a scholarship, please fill out the Request for Scholarship Assistance from SnowFlower to Attend a Retreat form and email it to email@example.com
Day of Mindfulness led by Cuong Lu
- July 27, 2019 at Farm Zendo from 9:30am-4:30pm
- As many of you know, some SnowFlowers engage their practice in the prisons so that they can share this path of alleviating suffering with everyone. This engaged practice inspired a Plum Village monastic, Cuong Lu, to become a prison chaplain in the Netherlands.Cuong Lu was an ordained monk at Plum Village from 1993 to 2009, and received the lamp transmission to be a Dharmacharya from Thich Nhat Hanh in 2000. Most recently, he founded the Mind Only School in the Netherlands where he teaches Buddhist philosophy and psychology.
Cuong Lu will be traveling to Madison and SnowFlower is hosting a Day of Mindfulness with him on July 27th at the Farm Zendo. Timing for Cuong’s full visit is still being worked out, but the DOM will be from 9:30-4:30.
Please save the date and join us as we share in a day of mindfulness and receive teachings from Cuong Lu.
Fall Retreat Theme to be announced led by Jack Lawlor
- October 18-20, 2019 at Bethel Horizons in Dodgeville, WI
- More details to come
Regional Retreats in the Plum Village Tradition
Summer Retreat with Milwaukee Mindfulness Practice Center – Willard, WI Led by Paul Norton
- August 4-9, 2019 at the Christine Center
- Retreat Flyer
- Retreat Registration
- For questions or more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Day of Mindfulness Theme to be determined – Minneapolis, MN Led by Larry Ward and Peggy Rowe Ward
- November, 2019
- Details to be determined – hosted by Blooming Heart Sangha
Retreats at Plum Village Tradition Monasteries and Practice Centers
- Plum Village (near Bordeaux, France)
- Summer Retreat from July 5-Aug 2, 2019
- Blue Cliff Monastery (Pine Bush, NY)
- Summer Family Retreat from July 10-14, 2019
- US Tour – “Breathe, It’ll Be Okay!” from Aug 14-18, 2019
- Deer Park Monastery (Escondido, CA)
- Teen Camp from July 16-21, 2019
- Magnolia Grove Meditation Practice Center (Batesville, MS)
- US Tour – “Breathe, It’ll Be Okay!” from Aug 7-11, 2019
- European Institute of Applied Buddhism
- Dharma Teachers Retreat from July 2-5, 2019