SnowFlower Sangha is an organization of mindfulness practitioners. Sangha is currently structured around the hub of the Steering Council, which encourages community decision making by soliciting feedback from the SnowFlower Community before making decisions which effect the Sangha. The Steering Council’s role is to address community issues, attend to legal and budgetary issues, and sponsor the Annual Meeting.
Around the hub of the Steering Council, there are numerous committees and volunteers:
- The Finance Committee ensures that SnowFlower makes judicious use of the contributions it receives. Here is the 2020 SnowFlower Budget.
- The Schedulers Committee plans and schedules meetings that support and sustain mindfulness practice of members. The Schedulers Committee allows SnowFlower to share its wisdom by rotating facilitation of the meetings.
SnowFlower relies on volunteers who bring mindful and respectful attention to support the Sangha. Take a look at the Roles & Responsibilities (02/19) to see all the various ways volunteers support SnowFlower. Here is a list of our volunteers for 2019. If you are interested in volunteering, contact a member of the Steering Council (below) by sending an email to email@example.com
Steering Council Members
Nan Enstad, Vice-President
Gloria Green, Treasurer
Amy Krohn, President
Zach Smith, Secretary
Current as of 3/2020
Steering Council Minutes
- Steering Council Meeting Minutes (7/20)
- Steering Council Meeting Minutes (3/20)
- Steering Council Meeting Minutes (1/20)
- Steering Council Meeting Minutes (12/19)
- Steering Council Meeting Minutes (08/19)
- Steering Council Meeting Minutes (06/19)
- Please request archived minutes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Meeting Presentation
Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and Policies
- SnowFlower Articles of Incorporation (02/16)
- SnowFlower Bylaws (02/16)
- SnowFlower List Serv Guidelines for Posting (06/20)
- The listserv is to be used for posting SnowFlower weekly meetings, SnowFlower events, regional Plum Village events, and mindfulness events led or organized by Senior SnowFlower practitioners.In addition, any member can post about an engaged buddhism opportunity that they truly believe would fit with in the TNH tradition of engaged activism. We ask that the announcement is not used to express personal views. Please ask a Steering Council member if you have questions about whether a post is appropriate.