A retreat is an opportunity to enjoy simple and peaceful living, and to learn how to cultivate the energy of mindfulness. Attending a retreat is a vital way to nourish our practice, deepen our awareness, and cultivate our compassion and kindness toward ourselves and others.
SnowFlower Annual Fall Retreat
What Zen? Suggestions from the Buddha, Thay and the Zen Tradition on Living Mindfully in Chaotic Times
October 12-14, 2018 at Bethel Horizons in Dodgeville, WI
Registration now open.
Dharma Teacher: Jack Lawlor
- Noble silence is practiced for the majority of the retreat.
- Delicious vegetarian meals for eating meditation by Rajan Pradhan
- Lodging: 2 to 6 per room (couple requests may be fulfilled)
- $190 per person onsite; $155 per person camping or staying offsite
- Register early, as there is a maximum capacity!
- Link to register online. To complete your registration, send in your check to SnowFlower Retreat, c/o Celeste Robins, PO Box 3072, Madison WI 53704-3072.
- If you prefer to mail in your registration, click here for the retreat flyer with registration form
- Don’t let finances keep you from attending. Request a Scholarship.
- For answers to your questions e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Retreats at Thich Nhat Hahn Monasteries
- Plum Village (near Bordeaux, France)
- Blue Cliff Monastery (Pine Bush, NY)
- Deer Park Monastery (Escondido, CA)
- Magnolia Grove Meditation Practice Center (Batesville, MS)
Retreats led by SnowFlower Teachers and other local Thich Nhat Hanh Sanghas
Embracing the Brahmaviharas Milwaukee Mindfulness Center Summer Retreat
- August 5-10 at the Christine Center in Willard, WI
- Registration form and further information (pay online here)
Earth Holder Retreat – Go As A River: Peacefully Breathing and Joyfully Walking Through Times of Great Change Hosted by the Care Taking Council of the Earth Holder Sangha
- August 22-26 at the Camp Courage Conference and Retreat Center in Maple Lake, MN (near Minneapolis)
- Registration form and further information
Clearing the Path to Happiness, a Thaypassana Retreat – Chicago, IL Led by David Haskin and Janice Cittasubha Sheppard
- September 28-30, 2018 at the Cenacle Retreat and Conference Center in Chicago, IL
- Further information (registration form to come in future)
Thaypassana Retreat – Madison, WI Led by David Haskins, Janice Cittasubha Sheppard and Steven Spiro
- January 18-20, 2019 at Holy Wisdom Monastery in Madison, WI